Friday, June 24, 2011

Summertime

Things I love about my summer days:

No school for the kids....really no homework, I like them being at school
No real schedule
Pool time
Being tan thanks to pool time
Staying up late
Sleeping in


Things I dont love about summer

No real schedule
Staying up late
Sleeping in

As you can see, my dislikes are also my loves. I do love this time of year. It is so relaxing for this busy family but I have to admit it has thrown me for a loop this week. I love routine, organization, and scheduling. Summer is so hard to do all of those things no matter how hard you try. I spend several hours a day in my swimsuit, so one would think I would be as dedicated to the gym as I am during the school year....well I am not! I miss my gym time, our quite when the big kids are at school, and our good dinners. I have found nap time in now Nolan and I chatting, gym time makes me feel I am rushing the kids, and dinner time is just plain out the window....I have cooked maybe three times this summer.

In typing this I am realizing that this is my last summer home before Mason starts school, Kade starts preschool, Nolan plays Irmo baseball, and our lives get even more hectic. I wonder if my unsettledness ( Is that a word) is from my fear of what August is going to hold for the Burdette Six?

No comments:

Post a Comment