Monday, May 9, 2011

Mothers Day

This year Mark went all out for Mothers Day. The week before Easter he got me an AWESOME camera. I had the same dinky camera since before Mason was born. I have dropped it a zillion times but I have kept up with it and got my $100 worth. So I was THRILLED when Mark got me this......

With Easter pictures being a big deal for me, Mark knew I would want the camera for Easter pictures. I thought that was my gift. I was so happy with the way he spoiled me on actual Mothers day weekend.
He started with a babysitter and a wonderful date to my favorite place, Miyos! We ate HOT food and had grown up conversation! We feasted on sushi, won tons, and our favorite dishes! Then after a great dinner we went to the mall and got to enjoy shopping without bathroom breaks or meltdowns!At the mall Mark got me these super cool shoes I have been wanting for a long time now.

After tons of shopping, mostly window shopping, and visiting with friends we bumped into, we stopped at dairy queen and got a yummy blizzard!

One last stop by Target on our way home where Mark surprised me with a super cool camera bag I had picked out

I was very rested and ready to get home at the end of the evening. Once the sitter was taken home the kids surprised me by turning Nolans room into "Mommys Inn." There was a cute sign and everything. On the back of the door there was a note that said I had to stay in the room until they came to get me in the morning. I had a wonderful night sleep (Kade has been waking up a lot lately so this was wonderful for this light sleeping mommy!) and was woken by my wonderful breakfast in bed~
Then Nolan and Gracie went to spend Mothers day with their mom and we went to church. I love Mothers day church. It is one of my favorite services every year!

After church, Mason wanted to take me to Zaxby's then we went home for a Sunday nap. When we woke up, Marble Slab was for dinner!

I had a wonderful Mothers day and LOVED spending the day with all my favorite Burdettes! Mark and the boys made me feel so special all day long!I loved having a day to celebrate being a mommy to my sweet boys! They have been the best gift I have ever received!

1 comment:

  1. So SWEET! Isn't it amazing how YUMMY food tastes when its HOT! :)

    ReplyDelete