Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sweet Baby Kae....she isn't a baby anymore

To be the youngest Johnson has to be hard. There are several of us to follow behind. Being from a small town, teachers tend to stay for a long time. I can only imagine how hard it is for Kaelyn to hear " I taught Erin, Kari, Mac, Josh, and Courtney!" But I can tell you, out of the bunch, Kae is her own lady. She doesn't follow the crowds, she is a free thinker, and she knows what she believes in.

Kaelyn was just a baby when I moved to college. She came to visit me as I moved into my own places but she grew up while I was away becoming an adult. This summer I was thrilled when Kae decided to come on vacation with our family. She was a BLAST. She is funny, smart, sweet, independent, inspiring, loving......the list just goes on and on.


The thing about Kae that baffles me is that she just doesn't see how beautiful she is. She is the type of girl that when she walks into a room heads turn. She doesn't even see it. And then the heads that were turned just by her stunning appearance, they get to know her and talk to her and they see just how wonderful she is inside and out.


I can not even begin to explain how wonderful it is to have Kaelyn in our lives. I know that I missed a great deal of her growing up. I still feel like I miss way too much. But I treasure the time I do get with her. I love the way she loves her niece and nephews, I love the way she smiles, laughs, and gets overly excited about everything. I love that she is dramatic and doesn't see it. I love that she still calls me just to talk. I love that I get to continue to watch her grow up to become the head strong woman I see blooming. Of all the Johnson's that came before her, I think we paved a road that Kae chose not to walk down. I love watching you walk to the beat of your own drum Kae......and I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment