Monday, February 28, 2011

Every little boy needs one

I feel bad for all the children in the world that do not have an Aunt Erin. I am not sure if a true out sider can ever fully understand what an Aunt Erin is. So here is my explanation of an Aunt Erin.



A - always calling and checking in on her nephews. Aunt Erin calls daily to talk to Mason....and Kade too of course. She doesn't just ask how the boys are, she wants to talk to them so they know that she is thinking about them.



U - unbelievably aware. Aunt Erin always pays attention to everything the boys say. She will bring a gift that I never knew they wanted because I hear them say so much during the days. Aunt Erin listens with a keen ear and remembers.

N -  never too far away. Aunt Erin is always willing to come visit even if it means driving on a thunderstorm day!

T -  terrific. Aunt Erin is really terrific. She loves her nephews and niece with all her heart. She makes each one of them feel that they are special and super duper loved.


E -  energetic. Aunt Erin always jumps out of the car or runs out the door the second she sees the boys. She hangs on their every move when she is around them. It is really awesome to see.

R - ridiculous. Aunt Erin does what mommy and daddy can not. She gives into every whim and gets to be 100% fun all the time.


I - insane. Aunt Erin gets to be silly, sappy, wild, crazy, and without nagging like mommy! She is always tons of wild fun if it is going for a gator ride, feeding the donkey, fun treats, and so much more!


N - never failing. Aunt Erin loves my children with so much "ummph". I love the way they tell me "Aunt Erin will help us ,or let us, or get it for us." It has never bothered me because I know her love for the kiddos is NEVER FAILING and I know I can always count on her to be there for them.

It is funny how growing up I remember not liking to live in my big sisters shadows. I hated being compared and it always seemed to happen. I never really appreciated the relationship we could have and did have. Tonight as we were saying our goodbyes from our quick visit, I realized how lucky I am to have "Aunt Erin." I know she came to see the boys but a little part of me thinks she also wanted to check on her baby sister too.  Its a pretty awesome thing to have an Aunt Erin to love us!

No comments:

Post a Comment