Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Its that time of year.....

This Sunday, baseball season began for the Burdette family. This is usually our busiest time of the year. We live at the ball park watching Nolan play ball while we try to keep an eye on the three smaller children. Well not this year. THREE of the Burdettes will be playing ball while Mark also coaches Masons team! I am so excited but nervous at the same time

Nolan: Well he is just about as good as they come. He loves baseball and is pretty focused on keeping up with school and rest so he can play ball. He is entering into that weird 11 year old hormonal stage so that will be a challenge this year. He is also helping Mark coach Masons team. This is going to be AWESOME for all three Burdettes to work together. My biggest concern with Nolan is his adjustment to sharing us on the ball field. He has never had to share our attention and this year he does not just have to share with one but two other people.


Gracie: Our wild lady is so ready to play a sport. We have tried in the past with no luck. This season she asked to play softball. Mark of course is THRILLED to have to play but we are so nervous for her. We want her to be successful and love the game. We want her to learn team work, respect for a coach, and problem solving skills. We want her to have fun. We do not want her to think she can quit, compare herself to Nolan, get upset if she misses a ball or strikes out. We want this to be the year that this amazing little girl finally finds herself!


Mason: He has dreamed of the day he can play baseball like Nolan. I can not wait to see him develop into the ball player Nolan is. I want him to value his team and learn how to be a team player. I want him to make new friends and most of all have fun!


Mark:  Coaching is something Mark loves to do. I do not know that he really wanted to coach this year with three children playing. I insisted because I wanted Mason to have Mark as a coach at least once. I hope Mark loves every second of teaching Mason how to play the sport that this family loves so much. I hope he has time to work with Gracie and her team and share all this amazing knowledge of softball. I hope he can balance work and three teams along with finding time for Kade and mommy! I hope he soaks up every second and realizes how lucky he is to have this chance.

Kade: I hope he can hang in there through practices and games! Potty training would be AWESOME, but I am not rushing it!

Myself: I am SO excited to be able to be the team mom for Masons team. I can not wait to get my hands dirty being super involved. My biggest concern for me is to feed my family. I do not want to rely on McDonalds to feed this bunch. I want to still have dinners, even if it means eating at 4:30. I want good homecooked foods in their bellies as they go on the field. I want to make sure I do my part to make sure they have everything they need, including a good meal, to play their best.

Wish us luck this season, we are going to need it!

1 comment:

  1. The Trevett family can't wait to watch the Burdette family play some ball! Love you all bunches!

    ReplyDelete