Friday, March 25, 2011

She is all grown up.....Almost!

I am so lucky to have so many siblings. I love them all and have different realationships with each of them. Courtney is the second to last sister. I was so happy to have her visit yesterday.


My sweet CJ. Wow, I don't even know how to explain her to everyone. I will never forget the day she was born, she won't either becuase I remind her every year on her birthday. I had on black shorts and a black and white shirt. She was the cutest conehead you ever did see! She cried when you put her down, maybe becuase being 15, I never wanted to put her down.



She followed me everywhere when she was little. Her third birthday I dressed up like Barney and scared the snot out of her and all her friends. When I took the costume off and rejoined her party, she told me all about how cool it was Barney was there....yet she screamed and ran for the hills.


When dates would come over, she would want to go. I dated the same guy for a good while and when we broke up the first boy I brought over, Courtney said,  "You  aren't Buddy!" She was so fun to have to get ready with and dress up with!


When Kaelyn was born, she was a great big sister and she loved having a sister closer to her age. It has been fun to watch them grow up together and become such good friends. I hate I am not closer to them but I love that they have each other.


Seeing Courtney on her field trips to Columbia has been a treat for the boys and myself! She is always so fun to catch up with and watch her preform. I love her cheerleading and chorus events. I love seeing her as the awesome young lady she has become, not just a little tiny sister.

It makes me feel so old thinking she was just three when she came to move me into college my freshman year. She is now a senior in high school. Next year I will have a three year old when she moves into college. I hope she stays secure in who she is. I hope she had learned from our mistakes and she conquers everything college throws at her. I hope she meets friends that challenge her and love her. I hope she finds what she wants to do and falls in love with her life as a strong woman. I hope she visits and remembers how loved she is. I hope she never forgets the day she was born. That her big sister loved holding her, playing with her, watching her grow, and having her as a friend too.


 More than anything I hope she knows that it has killed me not to be able to be at every event for her. I think the Internet was invented so I could have pictures, emails, and videos of their preformances. I have watched from a far her become the strong indepent woman she is. I have loved the late night phone calls, silly conversations, great Wii dance offs, picture opportunities,first tickets, college applications, and everything else she has been so wonderful to let me be apart of. I can't believe my little CJ is almost all grown up. She will forever be that tiny baby I loved from the second she was born.  I can't wait to see her conquer the world. I love you Court.

No comments:

Post a Comment